Sunday, September 6, 2009

I love Utah!

Okay so someone requested an update. I am sorry I haven't done so already, I have been busy (for the most part) and lacking my own personal computer so I was kind of waiting to use it so I can get my photos up so far. But oh well, here it goes.

The trip:
Drove to Texas to see Helen and her family (per their request), went to Amarillo and fell in love with the tilt a whirl which surprised me since I don't normally do rides, but had a blast and will post a video of the tilt a whirl experience when I get my laptop up and going on wireless internet.

Drove from Texas to Colorado Springs: Hung out with Sam and Helen at their home, had a good time just relaxing and made some wicked sweet homemade sweet and sour chicken.

Drove from Colorado to Utah: Was amazed at how beautiful the mountains are. Saw the Denver Temple from the highway! Fell in love with the mountains and did not have a hard time with the heights and so forth.

Arrived in Utah: The first person I met in Utah was Matt (in which I am staying with him and his wife Jen) he greeted me with a huge hug (even though we had never met before) and helped me move in to his basement. Then I was kidnapped by my friend Natalie Gurr which served her mission in Great Bend, or part of I should say! Went my first YSA ward and fell in love with the concept. Made some great friends that took me under their wings. I played rock band till like 1 A.M my second night here. I finally found a job and started last week. I work at HIT web design as a customer service agent. I have enrolled in school to become a Massage Therapist. I have gone on 3 sort of dates and have had a blast.

Needless to say I LOVE UTAH and all that comes with it. Oh and I LOVE the YSA ward and all the FHE activities, ward activies, ward prayer, institute, and all the other random things we all do together.

There now you are updated. I will post pictures and videos when I get my laptop hooked up to a semi awesome connection!

3 comments:

Steven said...

Absolutely awesome!! I am glad that you are liking Utah so well. With your outgoing personality you will really have a great time. I've been meaning to say hey since we were in Kansas last May. so, HEY!

Valerie said...

Hope you still love it when ALL the snow starts coming down. :)

(Saw your blog link on Modern Molly Mormon)

Stacey Fam said...

Hi Jessica!

Oh my gosh! You're in Utah- good for you. Sounds cool! Do you miss Great Bend?