Sunday, March 22, 2009

Baptized!

So today is the most AMAZING day EVER..okay so not EVER but it runs a close tie to a few! This weekend I was able to attend the Oklahoma City Temple and then today was Ward Conference in Great Bend. So I had a lot of Spiritual highs this weekend, and what makes it so great is this. For one Sister Van Komen (Missouri Independence Mission President's wife) ordered me a missionary name tag like 2 months ago, today I picked up the missionaries for church and when we arrived Sister Gundersen was like like "Jessica, I ordered a new name tag but they spelled my name wrong" so I looked at the tag and it said "Sister Zink" I screamed and jumped up and down like a little girl. It was the greatest feeling. (I will post a picture later)

Fast forward to about 8 p.m. tonight and I checked my e-mail to see I have a message from my oldest brother Jason on Myspace. I go see what it says, and it reads like this "I just wanted to let you know I have decided to get baptized on April 4!" Oh my gosh! I wanted to scream and jump around like a little girl but my parental units were sitting in the same room, and he asked that I do not tell them yet due to him not wanting to lose their respect, but I assured them they are fine, they have dealt with me being a memeber going on 5 years now!

Along with my brother, 2 of his children have decided to enter the waters of baptism and join the wonderful church that I call home! I love this Gospel and I love now that I will have blood relation in the church! This was the greatest news, and it came at a time when I was doubting wanting to be a full time missionary, I have started my papers and nothing seems to be working, so I was thinking that I was going to tell my Bishop to cancel them out until I had the money and weight figured out, but I know this is Heavenly Fathers plan! I love this work and I know I am called to it!

Oh it looks as if I am hitting the road on April 3 to attend my brothers baptism in Lousiana! I am so excited to be there for his big day!

1 comment:

Steven said...

WAAHHHOOOOO!! Jessica, I am so excited for you. What a wonderful weekend. Hang in there, this will all make you a stronger missionary.

A couple of weeks ago we had the Joseph Smith lesson about all of his travels and trials regarding Far West and the jail time. A sister mentioned what a wonderful mission the Independance missouri mission is and the special spirit that those missionaries have. I of course thought of you. I think it is wonderful that you are able to be as involved in the mission as you are.

We are coming to Kansas in May, I hope I get to see you.