Thursday, March 5, 2009

Zone Conference....

This happened like the first week of February. Whoops! I love going to Zone Conference as I have previously stated in other post. This one was awesome though, it happened to be my day off but the catch was there was a trio of Sisters in Hays and well 3+3=6 so obviously my car is a 5 passenger car. So are you wondering how we pulled this off? Well, it went like this: I happened to be teaching Relief Society on fast and testimony (it was my turn as part of the presidency) and this year we have decided to teach about the modern day prophets and something they really focused on, so I picked Spencer W. Kimball and he focused on missionary work. So I gave what I was told a powerhouse lesson and after the lesson was over Sister Gundersen went up to Sister Siefkes and asked if we could use her van! She of course felt it was okay so there we go, we had a van in hand to use! So fast forward! I picked up the van after I got off work a bit early so we could make it to Wichita (2 hour drive) at a descent hour and on the road we went! 5 missionaries plus me! It was awesome, a little side trip in Wichita due to me double guessing where the memeber we were staying with lived, but it was so much fun! We took some pictures that night as all of us sisters gathered there and we had a lot of laughs and some good talks!

So fast forward to the actual conference, I looked like a missionary and many thought I was an actual missionary and that I had just left my name tag at home! So I got to see some of my most favorite missionaries and also got to feel the Spirit so strong! I can't wait till I am the missionary at one of these on my own mission! But what I love the most is that at the end of the conference you greet the mission President and his wife and say your goodbyes. Well I go through the line and tell them Thanks for being awesome and Sister VanKomen hugged me and said how much she loved the work I do with the girls and what not and said man we need to get you an honorary name tag. Then this look came to her face, and she said I know exactly what we are going to do, we are going to order you one and I am going to pay for it! So they ordered me a name tag to wear when I go to District Meetings and Zone Conferences, and she also told me she better see me at EVERY Zone Confernece in the future!



This is Sister Rigby and Sister Lott. They currently serve in Hutchinson, well shoot Sister Lott is still there and Sister Rigby is now in Manhattan. None the less Sister Rigby was given these awesome footy pajamas by a member in Hutch and she wears them well!





This is Sister Martin, Sister Freitas, and Sister Miller they are the trio that was in Hays, KS for a little bit. Sister Freitas was actually supposed to go home, but she extended her mission by I think 3 weeks so she could go with one of her Recent Converts to the temple in Denver, Co!


The Great Bend "Trio". Sister Montano, Sister Gundersen and myself! Don't I look like a Sister Missionary already?








So this goes a little like this! Sister Lott and Sister Reynolds. Middle pictures is Myself, and Sister Reynolds and then Sister Lott squeezing in the middle of us! Then the last is myself with Sister Freitas, I knew her as a "greenie" and she is home now, makes me feel really really old to see another "greenie" I have sort of helped train go home...ugh...
Oh and we took a group shot, if you notice Sister Lott and Sister Rigby are making some sort of weird frame for their face, but the rest of us all look "normal" but that was every Sister that was at Zone Conference! I love them all, if you want to know who is who just ask!






So on the way home everyone but me and Sister Gundersen took a nap! Totally not fair for everyone else to sleep but so goes life!

2 comments:

Ellen_mom_of_3 said...

It sounds like you had an AWESOME time! Just wanted to let you know Bailey missed you on Sunday. She always asks where the "Other Missionary" is. Also, consider this an official invitation to dinner next Sunday when we feed the missionaries.

Nikki said...

Hey, it's Annike from MMM - just thought I'd stop by and say hi! You totally rock for driving the sisters to zone conference, I hope you got some sleep when you got home!