Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Haiku...

So, the other night I was over at Dedra's (big surprise?) and well for some reason she is on a huge "let's write a poem" kick. Needless to say I wasn't to fond of the idea. Dedra however was very fond of it and printed off a bunch of "how too's" on writing different types of poems, from limericks, to Haiku's and all sorts of different types that I can't remember. Well along with the two of us she invited Liz Draper over and we started the poetic process, which went a little like me sitting there trying to do it and Liz and Dedra whipping out Haiku's like crazy. Well finally once they started their next type of poem I got the inspiration for my Haiku. And for your reading pleasure here it is!

the leaves fall slowly
vibrant, brilliant colors glow
bring in winter snow

I am doing this by memory so I hope that comes out right!

1 comment:

Dedra said...

You did a good job from memory, the last line was bring in winter snow---5 syllables.

I'll post about haiku's probably tomorrow, and I'll share ALL of them...muhahahah!!