Saturday, August 16, 2008

Awkward....

Freaking awkward...that is me in one well shoot two words.... Okay so let me expound upon that in this certain blog it means that I am awkward when it comes to missionaries. So it is no huge secret, my best friends the past 4 years have been the missionaries whom serve in the Missouri Independence Mission. Well, so I meet and know these awesome people as either Elder or Sister, and that is all I ever call them for either 2 years or 18 months. Yes I learn most of their first names while they are serving but that is odd in its own. Especially odd when I start e-mailing or writing letters to their families and they write back by calling the missionary by their first name.

But what happens after they go home? Well, they lose that Elder or Sister title and become their normal self and are typically called by their first name. Except when it comes to me. I just CAN'T get over that little leap. Just can not make that step from the ever presitgous call of Elder or Sister to them being "normal" again. So hard for me, shoot even a couple of them have got married and I still can't call them by that new last name.

I am so awkard and I don't understand it...but that is me..and the reason this comes up is because I was talking to one of the RM's and well I called her by her first name and it freaked me out and her out, she said it was a bit weird...so I think I will always call her Gurr Mommasita in which I called her while she was in Great Bend as a greenie...

No comments: