Sunday, August 31, 2008

Called to Serve Him!

This video was recorded at Zone Conference in Wichita. I have been a slacker and I haven't posted this video yet, or have I blogged my feelings of the conference. So here goes my feeble attempt to put my feelings into words.

Awesome! There I did it! Okay so really, I love being with the missionaries, that is not a secret. Everyone I know, has at least a slight idea of my love for missionary work and being with the Sisters. So, throw in a few Elders and a 8 hour conference centered around missionary work then you have one very happy Jessica! The whole thing was just amazing, I owe a lot of my passion for missionary work to Zone Conference, they really amp a person up for the work, in fact it was the Zone Conference I attended in April that jump started me on a mission path again. I love them I really do, as for the Missouri Independence Mission, we have a new mission President, President Van Komen. I have been worried that he wouldn't meet the standards that President Hacking set forth, and well I met him and his wife at ZC. I must tell you that I KNOW with no doubts that he was called by Heavenly Father to lead and guide this mission for the next 3 years. I look forward to the work he does here with the Elders/Sisters under his belt. A lot of great teachings took place, but I must say my favorite was President Van Komens talk in the P.M. session that really touched me. He was talking about our missions and how many of us wonder how our families/friends/ancestors feel about us serving. He and his wife were discussing this one day and realized and had a strong feeling that he knew his ancestors knew he was called to serve as the mission president for the MIM and that they were proud of him. And what gave me the chills was this "I know Elders/Sisters that our ancestors are aware of us on a mission, and not only are they aware of us and the missions we are serving, they are with us, they are lining the streets of the areas we work." That right there was engouh to give my soul peace, knowing that my Grandparents on back that are not members (to my knowledge) will be proud of me serving, and will be right there with me on the streets I will walk, cheering me on. They will be following me with a chariot of fire, helping us to teach. The Holy Spirit was so strong, it could bring tears to your eyes. It was AMAZING.

I have been blessed to have the oppurutnity to expirence Zone Conference as a Ward Missionary in preperation for my own full-time mission. I look forward to serving a full-time mission when the time is right and to be able to feel the Spirit that strong for 18 months of my life.

So here is a little video I recorded at lunch time, the Elders/Sisters sing to the ladies whom prepare all of us lunch. It truely is something to see/hear. I love it very much and listen to it almost daily if I have the time! I hope you all enjoy and can understand how important Missionary Work truely is in this day and age.


No comments: