Monday, August 11, 2008

Spanish

So, wierd title right? Well I have a perfectly good reason for it! I am learning Spanish. I must say I am being forced but I love it non the less! Here goes the breakdown as to why I am learning and what not. Obviously everyone that reads this knows my life is church. And with that I help Missionaries all the time. I get off work and usually go with them for the remainder of their night, plus on weekends I usuaully spend all day Saturday/Sunday with them. Well, we now have 2 Spanish speaking Sisters here. Hermana Madsen, whom is from San Diego was called to the Missouri Independence Mission to speak Spanish. She had to learn it in 10 weeks at the Missionary Training Center. Thursday we received Sister Ayala, she is from Guatemala. The funny thing is that the white girl was called to speak Spanish and the girl from Guatemala was called to speak English. So I am constantly subjected to the Spanish and well I have been picking up on it quite quickly. In hopes to be able to speak/comprehend it.

Those of you who have known me for a good portion of my life should know that I used to despise the Spanish Culture. I coudln't stand the Hispanics in Great Bend really, I talked to a few here and there at school but that was the extent of that. I was raised with parents who were raised in a town that didn't allow anyone but whites in, so therefore they were not used to it either. But life has lead me to a different path, I am loving the Spanish culture and loving the people themselves. Heavenly Father has worked miracles in my life and this is one of the many. I think it is his weird way of getting me ready to serve a mission to where I will ahve to know Spanish. I am excited, so excited that I ordered some material to help me learn quicker, and plus the Missioanries are making me learn 10 words a day.

No comments: